Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jordan - Wadi Rum

I had a phenomenal time in Wadi Rum. Wadi Rum is a big desert area in Jordan. It is where Lawrence of Arabia lived. We stayed in a Bedouin camp with the Bedouins who live in the desert. We took a jeep ride through the desert with a Bedouin named Aboud. He showed us a few sites and then he started driving really fast through the desert and flying over big sand dune cliffs. I was in the back of the truck with no seat belt on. After that, we took an evening camel ride deeper into the desert to watch the sunset. When we finally got back to camp, we ate a deliciously delicious dinner of rice, lamb, beef, chicken and pita bread. Our room was a tent with a cloth door and lit by candle light. My family had a great experience in Wadi Rum.
















2 comments:

  1. Cade - thank you for sharing your stories. I've really enjoyed them, but can't wait until you are home and I can see your "animated" face as you tell your tales. Continue to enjoy!
    Love,
    Nonni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cade, thank you for updating your blog - I really enjoy reading your recaps. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the Bedouin camp - I saw your youtube video too - pretty cool. Look forward to your sharing these stories "in person."
    Love to all!
    Nonni

    ReplyDelete